Configuring your machine for a wireless network (For HL-5470DW(T) and HL-6180DW(T))
Configuration using the machine's control panel Setup
You can use the machine's control panel to configure your wireless network settings. By using the control
panel Setup Wizard function, you can easily connect your Brother machine to your wireless network. You
must know your wireless network settings before you proceed with this installation.
• If you have previously configured the wireless settings of the machine, you must reset the LAN settings
before you can configure the wireless settings again.
To reset the LAN settings, see Reset the network settings to the factory default uu page 40.
• If your router uses WEP encryption, enter the key used as the first WEP key. Your Brother machine
supports the use of the first WEP key only.
If you are configuring your machine for a smaller wireless network, such as your home environment:
• To configure your machine for an existing wireless network using the SSID and Network Key (if
required), see Manual configuration from the control panel uu page 18.
• If your WLAN access point/router is set to not broadcast the SSID name, see Configuring your machine
when the SSID is not broadcast uu page 20.
• If you are configuring your machine for Ad-hoc mode, see Configuration in Ad-hoc mode (For IEEE
802.11b) uu page 32.
If you are configuring your machine for an IEEE 802.1x supported wireless network, see Configuring your
machine for an enterprise wireless network uu page 23.
If your WLAN access point/router supports WPS or AOSS™, see One push configuration using WPS
(Wi-Fi Protected Setup) or AOSS™ uu page 27.
If you are configuring your machine using WPS (PIN Method), see Configuration using the PIN Method of
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) uu page 29.