Ignition Timing Check
•As the system uses the CDI unit, the ignition
timing need not be adjusted. Check the ignition
system if the ignition timing is incorrect.
● Start and warm up the engine.
● Connect the timing light to the high-tension cord.
•Read the timing light manual prior to using it.
● Remove the timing hole cap from the shroud, and
start the engine.
● Align the "F" mark on the rotor with the index
mark on the case when the engine is idling to
Idle speed: 8° ° BTDC 1,600 rpm.
● Gradually increase the engine speed. If the index
mark is set within the advanced "F" mark at the
engine speed greater than 3,900(rpm), it indicates
the advance system is correct.
Side Stand Ignition Cut-off Switch
● Remove the front cover.(⇨ 4-3)
● Remove the headlight.(⇨ 18-2)
● Remove the coupler of the side stand switch.
● Check for continuity between the terminal as
shown below ;