Turning the projector ON and OFF
Turning the projector ON
1. Remove the lens cap by squeezing the cap's tabs and pulling forward.
2. Ensure that the power cord and signal cables are securely connected to the
projector and the signal source (computer, notebook, video player, etc.).
3. Turn the projector ON by pressing the Power ON/OFF button on the
• The cooling fan turns on.
• The hp start-up screen will be displayed for 30 seconds and the blue
Power Indicator Light will light up.
4. Turn on your signal source. The projector will detect your source
• If the screen displays "Waiting for Signal" make sure the signal cables are
• If multiple signal sources are connected, use the "Source" button on the
Remote Control or Control Panel to switch to the desired input.
• When the Lamp Indicator Light is ON, replace the lamp.
• When the Temp Indicator Light is ON, it indicates that the projector has
overheated. The projector's lamp will automatically turn OFF. Press the
"Power ON/OFF" button and allow the projector to complete its cool-
down cycle. Then you can restart the projector and continue your
presentation. If the problem persists, contact hp support:
• When the Temp Indicator Light FLASHES, the projector has detected a
failure in the cooling system. Press the "Power ON/OFF" button and allow
the projector to complete its cool-down cycle. Contact hp support:
Turning the projector OFF
1. Press the Power ON/OFF button. The projector lamp will turn off and the cooling fan will run for
the duration of the cool-down cycle.
• The blue Power Indicator Light will blink until the cool-down cycle is complete.
• The blue Power Indicator Light will then turn OFF and the cooling fan will stop.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and the projector.