Please read this manual carefully before using your plasma monitor
and keep the manual handy for future reference.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC
SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER. NO
USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE
This symbol warns the user that uninsulated
voltage within the unit may have sufficient
magnitude to cause electric shock. Therefore, it
is dangerous to make any kind of contact with
any part inside of this unit.
This symbol alerts the user that important
literature concerning the operation and
maintenance of this unit has been included.
Therefore, it should be read carefully in order to
avoid any problems.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARDS, DO NOT EXPOSE
THIS UNIT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE. ALSO DO NOT USE
THIS UNIT'S POLARIZED PLUG WITH AN EXTENSION CORD
RECEPTACLE OR OTHER OUTLETS, UNLESS THE
PRONGS CAN BE FULLY INSERTED. REFRAIN FROM
OPENING THE CABINET AS THERE ARE HIGH-VOLTAGE
COMPONENTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED
Warnings and Safety Precaution
This plasma monitor is designed and manufactured to provide
long, trouble-free service. No maintenance other than cleaning
is required. Please see the section "Plasma monitor cleaning
procedure" on the next page.
The plasma display panel consists of fine picture elements
(cells) with more than 99.99 percent active cells. There may
be some cells that do not produce light or remain lit.
For operating safety and to avoid damage to the unit, read
carefully and observe the following instructions.
To avoid shock and fire hazards:
1. Provide adequate space for ventilation to avoid internal heat
build-up. Do not cover rear vents or install the unit in a closed
cabinet or shelves.
If you install the unit in an enclosure, make sure there is adequate
space at the top of the unit to allow hot air to rise and escape. If
the monitor becomes too hot, the overheat protector will be
activated and the monitor will be turned off. If this happens,
turn off the power to the monitor and unplug the power cord. If
the room where the monitor is installed is particularly hot, move
the monitor to a cooler location, and wait for 60 minutes to cool
the monitor. If the problem persists, contact your dealer for
2. Do not use this unit's polarized plug with extension cords or
outlets unless the prongs can be completely inserted.
3. Do not expose the unit to water or moisture.
4. Avoid damage to the power cord, and do not attempt to modify
the power cord.
5. Unplug the power cord during electrical storms or if the unit
will not be used over a long period.
6. Do not open the cabinet which has potentially dangerous high
voltage components inside. If the unit is damaged in this way
the warranty will be void. Moreover, there is a serious risk of
7. Do not attempt to service or repair the unit. The manufacturer is
not liable for any bodily harm or damage caused if unqualified
persons attempt service or open the back cover. Refer all service
to authorized Service Centers.
To avoid damage and prolong operating life:
1. Use only with 100-240V 50/60Hz AC power supply. Continued
operation at line voltages greater than 100-240 Volts AC will
shorten the life of the unit, and might even cause a fire hazard.
2. Handle the unit carefully when installing it and do not drop.
3. Set the unit away from heat, excessive dust, and direct sunlight.
4. Protect the inside of the unit from liquids and small metal objects.
In case of accident, unplug the power cord and have it serviced
by an authorized Service Center.
5. Do not hit or scratch the panel surface as this causes flaws on
the surface of the screen.
6. For correct installation and mounting it is strongly recommended
to use a trained, authorized dealer.
7. As is the case with any phosphor-based display (like a CRT
monitor, for example) light output will gradually decrease over
the life of a Plasma Display Panel.
8. To avoid sulfurization it is strongly recommended not to place
the unit in a dressing room in a public bath or hot spring bath.
9. Do not use in a moving vehicle, as the unit could drop or topple
over and cause injuries.
10.Do not place the unit on its side, upside-down or with the screen
facing up or down, to avoid combustion or electric shock.
Plasma monitor cleaning procedure:
1. Use a soft dry cloth to clean the front panel and bezel area. Never
use solvents such as alcohol or thinner to clean these surfaces.
2. Clean plasma ventilation areas with a vacuum cleaner with a
soft brush nozzle attachment.
3. To ensure proper ventilation, cleaning of the ventilation areas
must be carried out monthly. More frequent cleaning may be
necessary depending on the environment in which the plasma
monitor is installed.
Recommendations to avoid or minimize phosphor burn-in:
Like all phosphor-based display devices and all other gas plasma
displays, plasma monitors can be susceptible to phosphor burn under
certain circumstances. Certain operating conditions, such as the
continuous display of a static image over a prolonged period of
time, can result in phosphor burn if proper precautions are not taken.
To protect your investment in this plasma monitor, please adhere to
the following guidelines and recommendations for minimizing the
occurrence of image burn:
* Always enable and use your computer's screen saver function
during use with a computer input source.
* Display a moving image whenever possible.
* Change the position of the menu display from time to time.
* Always power down the monitor when you are finished using it.
If the plasma monitor is in long term use or continuous operation
take the following measures to reduce the likelihood of phosphor
* Lower the Brightness and Contrast levels as much as possible
without impairing image readability.
* Display an image with many colors and color gradations (i.e.
photographic or photo-realistic images).
* Create image content with minimal contrast between light and
dark areas, for example white characters on black backgrounds.
Use complementary or pastel color whenever possible.
* Avoid displaying images with few colors and distinct, sharply
defined borders between colors.
* Note: Burn-in is not covered by the warranty.
Contact your dealer for other recommended procedures that will
best suit your particular application needs.