• REPAIRS AND SERVICE. Repairs, maintenance and any adjustments not
specified in this manual should be performed by authorized service centers or
other qualified service organizations, always using identical replacement
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or
attachment not recommended for use with this lawnmower could be
hazardous. Note: Refer to the accessory section of this manual for further
ADDITIONAL WARNINGS FOR MOWERS
• THOROUGHLY inspect the area where the lawnmower is to be used and
remove all stones, sticks, wires, bones, and other foreign objects that could be
thrown by the blade. Objects struck by lawnmower blade can cause severe
injury to persons.
• DO NOT operate the lawnmower when barefoot or wearing open sandals.
• NEVER attempt to make a wheel height adjustment while the motor is running
or while the lawnmower is plugged in.
• DO NOT put hands or feet near or under rotating parts. Keep clear of the
discharge opening at all times.
• RELEASE switch lever to turn mower off when crossing gravel drives, walks,
roads, or when flipping handle.
BEFORE ASSEMBLING YOUR MOWER, CHECK THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THE
FOLLOWING IN THE SHIPPING CARTON. SEE FIGURE 1.
B. Upper Handle
C. Lower Handle
D. Mulch Insert (inside mower under rear door)
E. Grassbag and Grassbag Frame
UNPACKING THE MOWER
1. Your mower carton contains the mower, 2 handles (attached), mulch insert
and a grass bag and frame assembly.
2. Your mower has been completely assembled at the factory except for the grass
bag. Remove the grassbag, grassbag frame, mower and fillers from the carton.
UNFOLDING AND ADJUSTING THE HANDLE (FIGURE 2)
1. UNPLUG TOOL, AND WAIT FOR BLADE TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP.
2. Raise the handle section into place and secure by tightening the two knobs.
Take care not to pinch or damage the power cord while adjusting the
3. There are three holes on the upper handle, this allows the handle height to
be set in three positions. Choose the hole that best suits your overall height.
Install the bolts to the inside of the handles so that the knobs are on the
outside (to avoid interference with the rear door and grassbag). Tighten the
• IF MOWER stalls, release switch lever to turn mower off, wait for blade to stop
and unplug the cord before attempting to unclog the chute or remove
anything from under the deck.
• AFTER STRIKING a foreign object, release switch lever to turn mower off, wait
for the blade to stop and unplug the mower, thoroughly inspect the mower for
any damage, and repair the damage before restarting and operating the
• IF THE lawnmower should start to vibrate abnormally release switch lever wait
for blade to stop and unplug mower, check immediately for cause. Vibration
is generally a warning of trouble.
• RELEASE SWITCH lever to turn mower off, wait for the blade to stop and
unplug the mower whenever you leave the equipment, before removing the
grass catcher, discharge chute or unclogging or cleaning the mower housing,
and when making any repairs or inspections.
• MOW ACROSS the face of slopes; never up and down. Exercise extreme
caution when changing direction on slopes. Do not mow excessively steep
• KEEP HANDS and feet away from cutting area.
• KEEP BLADES sharp.
• IF YOU are using a grass catcher, check it frequently for wear and
deterioration. If excessively worn, replace with new bag for your safety.
• USE EXTREME CAUTION when reversing or pulling mower toward
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
NEVER USE A SHARP OBJECT TO MOVE JACKETED
WIRES OUT OF THE WAY.