CONTROLS AND FUNCTIONS
Installing batteries in the remote
part and slide the battery
compartment cover off.
Insert two supplied batteries
(AA, R6, UM-3) according to the polarity
markings (+ and –) on the inside of the
Slide the cover back until it snaps into place.
■ Notes on batteries
• Change both batteries when the operation range of the
remote control decreases.
• Use AA, R6, UM-3 batteries.
• Make sure that the polarities are correct. See the
illustration inside the battery compartment.
• Remove the batteries if the remote control is not to be
used for an extended period of time.
• Do not use old batteries together with new ones.
• Do not use different types of batteries (such as alkaline
and manganese batteries) together. Read the packaging
carefully as these different types of batteries may have
the same shape and color.
• If the batteries have leaked, dispose of them
immediately. Avoid touching the leaked material or
letting it come into contact with clothing, etc. Clean the
battery compartment thoroughly before installing new
• Do not throw away batteries with general house waste;
dispose of them correctly in accordance with your local
Using the remote control
The remote control transmits a directional infrared beam.
Be sure to aim the remote control directly at the remote
control sensor on the front panel of this unit during
■ Handling the remote control
• The area between the remote control and this unit must
be clear of large obstacles.
• Do not spill water or other liquids on the remote
• Do not drop the remote control.
• Do not leave or store the remote control in the
following types of conditions:
– high humidity, such as near a bath
– high temperature, such as near a heater or a stove
– extremely low temperatures
– dusty places
• Do not expose the remote control sensor to strong
lighting, in particular, an inverter type fluorescent
lamp; otherwise, the remote control may not work
properly. If necessary, position the unit away from