7.3 Troubleshooting & Service Information
Power suddenly turns off • Check the power control setting.
Panel does not operate
Remote control does not
Screen appears dark
Odd coloring and shades
or misaligned images
Picture is cut off or runs
Brightness and color
tone on the sides differ
from the center
• Check the connection seating at the wall and panel.
• See if the panel's main power switch is turned ON.
• Confirm that the remote is set to MONITOR.
If the panel indicator lights red, press
button on the flat panel display.
• See if the panel's internal temperature has increased.
Clean the vents or remove any blocking objects.
• External influences such as voltage malfunction, static electricity, etc., may cause
Unplug the panel from the wall and leave it for two or more minutes. Reconnect and
attempt to operate the panel once again.
• Check if display power is off. Press the button when the Power On and STANDBY
indicators are off.
• Confirm that the mode is set to MONITOR.
• Examine the remote control sensor on the panel for obstructions that could block the
• Check that the remote's batteries are installed properly and hold a change.
Replace with new batteries to verify.
• Consider changes in lighting such as stronger or new light sources that may wash out
• Check the picture adjustment settings.
Reset to default values if necessary.
• Confirm that the connected equipment is installed and programmed properly.
• If viewing an image from a PC, confirm that the signal is compatible.
• Check for any obstacles in front of the Room Light Sensor.
• Review the room lighting for recent changes or different natural lighting sources from
windows or doorways.
• Check the picture tone, adjust as necessary.
• Check the screen size for the current input source.
• Confirm that the position of the picture is centered.
• If images in 4:3 mode or letterbox images are displayed for long periods or for shorter
periods over several days, an after-image may remain due to burning.
Watch images in Full screen as much as possible to avoid this issue.
• Change the Brightness Sync. setting to Auto.
This function adjusts the brightness of the gray side masks for the brightness of the main
• Use the Long Life Settings function (see "4.2.1 Extend Your Panel Life")
on the remote control or the