Long term storage of your machine will require some
preventive procedures to guard against deterioration.
DRAIN THE FUEL
1. Remove the fuel tank cap. Drain the fuel from the
fuel tank into an approved gasoline container
using a commercially available hand siphon.
Then, install the fuel tank cap.
9 Fuel is highly flammable and poisonous.
Check "SAFETY INFORMATION" (See page 4)
9 Wipe up any spilled fuel immediately.
2. Remove the cover 1.
Drain fuel from the carburetor by loosening the
drain screw 2 on the carburetor float chamber.
3. Turn the fuel cock knob to "OFF".
Start the engine and leave it run until it stops.
This will burn any remaining fuel in the carburetor.
1. Remove the spark plug, pour about one table-
spoon of SAE 10W30 or 20W40 motor oil into the
spark plug hole and reinstall the spark plug. Recoil
start the engine by turning over several times (with
ignition off) to coat the cylinder walls with oil.
2. Pull the recoil starter until you feel compression.
Then stop pulling. (This prevents the cylinder and
valves from rusting).
3. Clean exterior of the generator and apply a rust
4. Store the generator in a dry, well-ventilated place,
with the cover placed over it.
5. The generator must remain in a vertical position
when stored, carried or operated.
– 30 –