NOTICE: If you are servicing the system board, RF Passthru board or bottom chassis, continue
with next steps to remove the PC Card interface board.
10. Remove the screw and then disconnect the interface board connector from the system board.
Remove the PC Card interface board.
Installing the PC Card Cage
NOTICE: If you removed the PC Card Reader only, skip to step 2. If you also removed the PC
Card interface board, start with step 1.
1. Install the PC Card interface. Connect the PC Card interface board to the system board and
secure with the screw to the bottom chassis.
2. Install the PC Card cage. Connect the PC Card Reader cable to the interface board. Install the
four M2x3-mm screws.
3. Replace the palm rest (see
NOTE: Ensure that you reconnect the coin-cell battery (see
4. Replace the display assembly (see
5. Replace the keyboard (see
6. Replace the media bay device (see
7. Replace the hinge cover (see
8. Replace the battery.
CAUTION: Before working inside your computer, follow the safety instructions in the
XFR D630 Product Information Guide and in the XFR D630 User's Guide.
NOTICE: To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or by
periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as a connector on the back of the
Removing the Speaker
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Remove the hinge cover (see
3. Remove any installed media bay device (see
4. Remove the keyboard (see
5. Remove the display assembly (see
Page 92 of 106
XFR D630 Fully Rugged Notebook Service Manual
I nstalling the Palm Rest).
2 3 0 H
I nstalling the Display Assembly).
2 3 2 H
2 3 3 H
X Bay Devices).
2 3 4 H
I nstalling the Hinge Cover).
2 3 5 H
B efore You Begin.
2 3 6 H
R emoving the Hinge Cover).
2 3 7 H
2 3 9 H
R emoving the Display Assembly).
2 4 0 H
C oin-Cell Battery) before you replace
2 3 1 H
X Bay Devices).
2 3 8 H