Open the tray following the steps described in the "Loading the Multi-Purpose tray"
section earlier in this chapter.
Slide the envelope stack into the printer as far as it will go q, with the print side facing
up and the flap on the left (when facing the tray). Adjust the paper guides to the height
of the envelopes w.
After the envelopes are loaded in the tray but before you start printing, please check
the following to avoid jams or misfeeds:
Is the stack bending? If the paper guide is too tight, this can cause bending.
Are the envelopes evenly stacked? If the paper guide is loose, the envelopes may not
• The envelope stack must not exceed the paper limit.
• Printing is only possible on the address side of the envelope, so you must
load the envelopes with the flap underneath and to the left-hand side when
facing the tray.
• Ensure the paper guides are set to the size of the envelope. Paper jams or
misfeed may occur if they are too loose or too tight.
• Ensure the envelopes are not placed at an angle.
• When you print on envelopes, you must use the landscape orientation.
• Do not flip out the extension tray when loading envelopes in the tray.
• When you are printing envelopes, use face-up delivery, so as to reduce the
risk of paper jams.
Printing Envelopes with the Multi-Purpose Tray