Insert the paper stack as far as it will go into the printer, with the print side facing up
and the top of the paper going into the printer first q. Adjust the paper guides to the
size of the paper w.
• Make sure that the leading edge of the paper is inserted all the way into the
tray so that it is below the paper feed roller. The paper sensor for the tray
is located underneath the paper feed roller. Please note the following points
when loading small size paper in the tray. (If the paper is not loaded
correctly, the paper will not be detected by the printer and a message will
appear asking you to load paper in the tray.)
• Make sure that the paper guides are set correctly.
• Make sure that the paper is loaded correctly and that the leading edge is
fully inserted into the printer.
• Always insert paper into the Multi-Purpose tray with the side you want to
print on facing up and with the top as the leading edge. To avoid misfeeds
and paper jams, paper should be inserted into the tray with the narrow side
as the leading edge.
• Make sure that the paper sensor is push down by the paper. (The paper
sensor must be under the paper, not just touching the edge of the paper.)
To avoid damaging the tray, close it when not in use. Remove and store any remaining
print media. Slide the extension trays in and close the tray.
Printing from the Multi-Purpose Tray