Replace the toner cartridge and fully close the top cover.
Start a print job and check the printed text.
Correcting Poor Print Quality
• You won't be able to replace the cartridge if the cover is only partially
• Make sure the transfer guide is closed before inserting the toner cartridge.
• When the toner cartridge is being installed or removed from the printer, the
drum's protective shutter is open. Do not touch the photosensitive drum.
Finger oil could cause a deterioration in print quality.
• Be sure the cartridge is properly inserted into the printer. The top cover will
not close properly if the cartridge is not properly installed in the printer.
• If the top cover does not shut properly, do not force it. Open the top cover
again, remove the toner cartridge, and reinsert the toner cartridge. Ensure
the toner cartridge is positioned correctly before you close the top cover.
If this procedure did not correct this problem, replace the toner cartridge (see