• Do not pull the paper straight upwards. Toner may come off the paper and
make the inside of the printer dirty.
• Part of the paper has had toner applied to it but not yet fixed. If you touch
this part, toner will stick to your hands. To prevent this, hold the part of the
paper without toner while pulling it out.
• Be careful when removing the jammed paper, as toner on the paper may get
onto your hands and clothing. If this happens, wash it off immediately with
Gently set the transfer guide back to its original position (see page 138).
• If you install the toner cartridge without closing the transfer guide, the
printer and the toner cartridge will be damaged.
• If the leading edge of the paper has reached the fixing assembly and the
trailing edge does not come out easily, do not try to force it. Follow the
procedure for clearing jams from the fixing assembly (see page 147).
When you have cleared the paper jam, replace the toner cartridge. Let the cartridge fall
back into position, making sure it is locked into place, and close the top cover. Push
the top cover down firmly with both hands to close it (see page 139).
Please do not close the top cover by slamming it.
Clearing Paper Jams