Replacing the Interface Cable
The standard interface cable is attached to the imager with an 10-pin modular
connector. When properly seated, the connector is held in the imager's handle
by a flexible retention tab. The interface cable is designed to be field
• Order replacement cables from Honeywell or from an authorized distributor.
• When ordering a replacement cable, specify the cable part number of the
original interface cable.
To Replace the 4600g/4600r Interface Cable:
1. Turn the power to the host system
2. Disconnect the imager's cable from
the terminal or computer.
3. Locate the small hole on the side of
the imager's handle. This is the cable
4. Straighten one end of a paper clip.
5. Insert the end of the paper clip into the
small hole and press in. This
depresses the retention tab, releasing
the connector. Pull the connector out
while maintaining pressure on the
paper clip, then remove the paper clip.
6. Replace with the new cable.
Insert the connector into the opening
and press firmly. The connector is
keyed to go in only one way, and will click into place.
14 - 2