BEFORE USING FOR THE FIRST TIME
• When using the machine for the first time, wash the water tank and
all accessories (i.e. filter holder, steam nozzle, etc.) in hot soapy
water. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry.
• Place the espresso machine on a dry, level surface at a safe distance
away from taps and sinks.
• Check that the voltage of the electrical power line corresponds to that
indicated on the appliance rating label.
• In the event of incompatibility between the plug on the appliance and
the outlet, contact a qualified professional for assistance. If the cord
is damaged or requires replacing, contact a service center authorized
by the manufacturer only.
• Never install the machine in an environment that can reach a
temperature less than or equal to 32˚F. If the water in the machine
freezes, the espresso machine may become damaged.
• To ensure the best tasting coffee, the internal circuits must also be
flushed thoroughly at least 5 five times. Follow the directions below in
the "How to Prepare Espresso Coffee" section using only water
instead of coffee and repeat five times. Then, follow the directions
below in the "How to Make Cappuccino" section using water instead
of milk and repeat five times.