Before using for the first time
When using your toaster for the first time, please be sure to do the
1. Read all instructions in this manual carefully. It will help you to use
your toaster to its fullest.
2. Remove any packing material and stickers from the toaster except
the rating label on the bottom.
Wipe the outside of the toaster with a damp cloth.
3. Remove crumb tray(s) from the slot(s) and wash in hot, soapy water
or in the dishwasher. Dry thoroughly before replacing back.
4. Place the toaster on a flat level, dry surface
5. Before plugging the toaster into wall outlet you may adjust the cord
length. If the power cord is too long, wrap the cord around the posts
on the base of the unit to desired length.
6. Without placing any food into the slots, press the Bread Carriage
Lever to the bottom until it locks to start toasting cycle. The Bread
Carriage will not stay down if the toaster is not plugged in. This
process burns off any dust or particles that may have accumulated
NOTE: This process may create an odor or a small amount of smoke.
7. This appliance should be the only appliance operating on the circuit.
This is normal.