When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions
should always be followed, including the following:
1. Read all instructions carefully.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Metal parts can become hot. Use
handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or
housing of this toaster in water or other liquids.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or
5. A fire may occur if toasters are covered or touching flammable
materials, including curtains, draperies, walls and the like, when in
6. Oversized foods, metal foil packages, or metal utensils must not be
inserted in a toaster, as they may create a risk of fire or electric
7. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot
8. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after
the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner.
Return the appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for
examination, repair, or adjustment.
9. Clean out accumulated crumbs frequently to avoid risk of fire or
10. Do not attempt to dislodge food when toaster is plugged in.
11. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to
cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
12. Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into wall outlet.
To disconnect, turn the control to "OFF" or press the "Cancel" button
and then remove plug from wall outlet. Always hold the plug, but
never pull the cord.
13. Do not use outdoors.