INSTALL THE AIR CONDITIONER IN THE
• Carefully lift the air conditioner
and slide it into the open
window. Make sure the bottom guide of the air
conditioner drops into the notches of the L brackets.
• When the air conditioner drops into the L brackets, the
air conditioner will be centered in window opening as
shown in FIG. 7.
• While steadying the air conditioner,
carefully bring the
window sash down behind the upper guide of the air
as shown in FIG. 8.
SECURE THE GUIDE PANELS
Extend the guide panels (ITEM F) to fill the window
opening using 4 screws (ITEM B) to secure them, as
shown in FIG. 9.
THE SASH SEAL AND SASH LOCK
• Cut the foam seaI (ITEM E) to the window width.
Stuff the foam seal between the glass and the window to
prevent air and insects from getting into the room, as
shown in FIG. 9.
• Fasten the remaining L bracket on either side of the
window using screw (ITEM A). See FIG. 9 inset.
Installing this bracket prevents window from being raised
which may result in unit falling.
• Remove the screws that secure the cabinet and base
pan in the right side.
• Attach the support bracket (ITEM H) in the inner window
sill with a screw (ITEM B), as shown Fig. 10.
• if storm window presents interference,
fasten a 2" wide
wood strip to the inner window sill across the full width of
the sill. The wood strip should be thick enough to raise
the height of the window silI so that the unit can be
installed without interference from the the storm window
frame. See FIG. 11.
Top of wood strip should be approximately
than the storm window frame to help condensation
drain properly to the outside.
• Install a second wood strip (approximately
6" long by
11/2" wide and same thickness as first strip) in the center
of the outer sill flush against the back of the inner sill.
Screw the L brackets into this strip.
This will raise the L bracket as shown in FiG. 11.
WOOD STRIP MOUNTED
ON TOP OF bNNERSILL
FOR L BRACKET I
TSIDE FIG. 11
REMOVAL FROM WINDOW
Turn the air conditioner
off, and disconnect
cord. Remove the L bracket and the screws installed
through the top and bottom of the guide panels, and save
later. Close the guide panels. Keeping a
firm grip on the air conditioner,
raise the sash, and
carefully tilt the air conditioner
backward, draining any
condensate water. Lift the air conditioner from the window
and remove the sash seal from between the windows.
• Air conditionerscoveredin this manualposean
excessiveweight hazard.Two or morepeopleare
neededto moveand installthe unit.
To preventinjuryor strain,useproperliftingand
• Whenhandlingthe air conditioner,be carefulto avoid
cutsfrom sharpmeta!fins on front and rear coils.
• Make sureair conditioner does notfall duringremoval.