• Use only in a 12-volt DC negative-ground electrical
• Disconnect the vehicle's negative battery terminal
while mounting and connecting the unit.
• When replacing the fuse, be sure to use one with an
identical amperage rating. Using a fuse with a higher
amperage rating may cause serious damage to the
• Do NOT attempt to disassemble the unit. Laser beams
from the optical pickup are dangerous to the eyes.
• Make sure that pins or other foreign objects do not get
inside the unit; they may cause malfunctions, or create
safety hazards such as electrical shock or laser beam
• When your vehicle has been parked in direct sunlight
resulting in a considerable rise in the temperature
inside, allow the unit to cool off before operating it.
• Keep the volume at a level at which you can hear
outside warning sounds (horns, sirens, etc.).
This equipment has been tested and found to comply
with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to
Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to
provide reasonable protection against harmful
interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio
frequency energy and, if not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful
interference to radio communications. However, there
is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause
harmful interference to radio or television reception,
which can be determined by turning the equipment off
and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on circuit
different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV
technician for help.
Modifications or adjustments to this product, which are
not expressly approved by the manufacturer, may void
the user's right or authority to operate this product.
In addition to ordinary CDs, CD-Rs or CD-RWs can
be read by this unit. However, NEVER use a CD-R or
CD-RW that contains no data or data in the wrong
format, such as MP3 or other computer files.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Some buttons are assigned two or more functions.
For detailed descriptions, refer to the related pages.
• Playing a defective or dusty CD can
cause dropouts in sound.
• Hold CDs as illustrated.
• Do NOT touch the unlabeled side.
• Do NOT attach any seal, label or data protection sheet
to either side of a disc.
• Do NOT expose a CD to direct sunlight or excessive
• Wipe a dirty CD from the center outward with a cleaning
Never use solvents such as benzine or alcohol.
• This unit cannot play 3-inch (8 cm) CDs.
• NEVER insert a 3-inch CD contained in the adapter or
any irregularly shaped CD.
The unit may not be able to eject it, resulting in a