Thank you for choosing this YAMAHA speaker system. In order to take maximum advantage of the speaker's fea-
tures and ensure maximum performance and longevity, please read this manual carefully before using the speaker
system. Keep the manual in a safe place for future reference.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
* Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical
shock, short-circuiting, damages, ﬁre or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Do not open
• Do not open the device or attempt to disassemble the internal parts or
modify them in any way. The device contains no user-serviceable parts.
If it should appear to be malfunctioning, discontinue use immediately
and have it inspected by qualiﬁed Yamaha service personnel.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to you or others, or damage
to the device or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• If you use a stand, make sure to observe the following precautions in
order to avoid toppling the device or causing damage to the internal
- Check the stand's speciﬁcations and make sure that it is sturdy enough to
support the weight of the speaker.
- Mount only one speaker on each speaker stand.
- Use the supplied screws if included.
- Tighten fastening screws securely.
- Use the speaker stands with their legs fully opened.
- Use the stand at a height of less than 140cm (55").
- Add weight such as sand bags around the stand legs to prevent them from
- Remove the speakers from the stands before moving the stands or adjusting
- Limit the number of people around the placed stand.
We recommend using the TS-80 and TS-90 speaker stands
manufactured by Ultimate Support Systems, Inc. (sold separately) to
support the speakers.
• If you use the metal socket on the subwoofer for mounting of a satellite
speaker, use a pole no longer than 90cm (35.4") with an outer diameter
of 35mm (1-3/8"). Use of any other size pole may cause the device to
fall, and result in injury or damage to the internal components.
• Do not expose the device to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet
• When transporting or moving the device, always use two or more
• Before moving the device, remove all connected cables.
• Do not use the speaker' s handles for suspended installation. Doing so
• Do not expose the device to excessive dust or vibrations, or extreme
• Do not place the device in an unstable position where it might
conditions, or place containers on it containing liquids which might
spill into any openings.
people. Attempting to lift the device by yourself may damage your back,
result in other injury, or cause damage to the device itself.
can result in damage or injury.
cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during
the day) to prevent the possibility of panel disﬁguration or damage to
the internal components.
accidentally fall over.