ADJUSTING THE SPEAKER BALANCE
Adjust BALANCE on the
front panel so that the
sound output level of the
right main speaker and the
left main speaker is the
repeatedly to select the
speaker to be adjusted.
"CENTER", "R SUR." or
"L SUR." appears on the
After pressing TIME/LEVEL once, you can also select the item by
pressing d. (Pressing u changes the selection in the reverse order.)
Press i to raise and j to
lower the level. Adjust the
sound output levels of the
center speaker and the
rear speakers so that they
become almost the same
as that of the main
While adjusting, the test tone is
heard from the selected speaker.
• You cannot adjust the delay time while the test tone is being heard
even if "DELAY" appears on the display.
• If "CENTER SP" on the SET MENU is set to the NONE position,
the sound output level of the center speaker cannot be adjusted in
step 6. The center channel sound is automatically output from the
right and left main speakers.
• Once you have completed the adjustments, you can only adjust
the overall volume level of your audio system by using VOLUME
(or VOLUME (+/–)).
• If you use external amplifiers, you may also use their volume
controls to achieve the proper balance.
• If there is insufficient sound output from the center and rear
speakers, you may decrease the main speaker output level by
setting "MAIN LVL" on the SET MENU to "–10 dB". (Refer to
page 31 for details.)
When the adjustment is complete, press TEST.
"TEST OFF" appears on the display and the test tone