SPEAKER BALANCE ADJUSTMENT
This operation uses an internal test-tone generator for balancing
the levels of the main, center, rear and front effect speakers.
The adjustment of each speaker output level should be done at
your listening position with the remote control unit. Otherwise, the
result may not be satisfactory.
NOTE: Be sure to use the remote control unit with the lid open.
1. Set the TIME/LEVEL·SET MENU switch on the remote control to
the TIME/LEVEL position.
2. Depress the TEST key on the remote
control so that "TEST DOLBY SUR." appears
on the display panel to enter test mode. A
hiss-like calibration signal should be heard
from the left main speaker, center speaker(s),
right main speaker, right rear speaker and left
rear speaker in turn (see diagram). Adjust the
master VOLUME to a normal listening level.
The state of test-tone output is shown on the display panel and
the monitor screen. (On the monitor screen, it is shown by an
image of audio listening room.) This is convenient for adjusting
each speaker level.
3. Press the
key to select the speaker whose level you will
* Whenever the
key is pressed, the speaker selection changes
in turn as follows.
key changes the speaker in the reverse order.
* If the CENTER SPEAKER mode is set to "PHNTM" (phantom),
"CENTER" cannot be selected. (See page 30.)
4. Adjust the level of the speaker selected in step 3 by pressing the
+ or – key so that it becomes almost as same as that of the main
* While adjusting, the test-tone is fixed on the selected speaker.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 to adjust the level of other speakers.