Scratches or dark stains on the glass
ceramic have no effect on how the ap-
Removing the dirt:
1. – Remove immediately: melting plas-
tic, plastic foil, and food containing
sugar. Use a special glass ceramic
scraper. Put the scraper on the glass
ceramic surface at an acute angle and
slide the blade on the surface.
What to do if...
You cannot start the appliance or
A sound operates (6x) and the
appliance stops or a sound op-
erates when the appliance is off.
The residual heat indicator does
not come on.
A sound operates and appliance
starts and stops again. After 5
seconds one more sound oper-
Heat setting alternates
and number come on.
– Stop the appliance and let it cool
2. Clean the appliance with a damp cloth
and some detergent.
3. At the end rub the appliance dry with
a clean cloth.
Possible cause and remedy
• You touched 2 or more sensor fields at the same time. Only
touch one sensor field.
• There is water or fat stains on the control panel. Clean the control
• The child safety device or key lock or
chapter Operating the appliance.
• Start the appliance again and set the heat setting in 10 seconds.
You covered one or more sensor fields. Uncover the sensor fields.
The cooking zone is not hot because it operated only for a short
time. If the cooking zone is supposed to be hot, speak to the After
. Uncover the sensor field.
The Power management is active. See the section Power man-
• No cookware on the cooking zone. Put cookware on the cook-
• Not correct cookware. Use the correct cookware.
• The diameter of the bottom of the cookware is too small for the
cooking zone. Move cookware to a smaller cooking zone.
• The automatic switch-off operates. Stop the appliance and start
• Overheating protection for the cooking zone operates. Switch
off the cooking zone. Switch on the cooking zone again.
There is an error in the appliance.
Disconnect the appliance from the electrical supply for some time.
Disconnect the fuse from the electrical system of the house. Con-
nect again. If
comes on again, speak to the after sales service.
There is an error in the appliance, because a cookware boils dry
or you use not correct cookware. Overheating protection for the
cooking zone operates. The automatic switch-off operates.
Switch off the appliance. Remove the hot cookware. After approx-
imately 30 seconds switch on the cooking zone again.
disappear, residual heat indicator can stay. Cool down the cook-
ware and check it with the section "Cookware for the induction
down before you clean: limescale
rings, water rings, fat stains, shiny met-
allic discolorations. Use a special
cleaner for glass ceramic or stainless
operates . See the