Replacing the mouse
Replacing the External speaker
5. Refer to the "Completing the installation".
Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repair before
reading the "Important safety information" in the Safety and Warranty
Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware
Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the
Safety and Warranty Guide or HMM, go to the Support Web site at
To replace the mouse:
1. Before removing any media (diskettes, CDs, or memory cards) from
the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached
devices and the computer.
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Locate the connector for the mouse. Refer to "Locating connectors on
the front of the computer" and "Locating connectors on the rear of the
For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on its side.
at the rear of the computer or to a USB connector
the front or rear of the computer.
4. Disconnect the failing mouse cable from the computer.
5. Connect the new mouse cable to the connector.
6. Refer to the "Completing the installation. "
1. Before removing any media (diskettes, CDs, or memory cards) from the
drives, shut down the computer, and turn off all attached devices.
Chapter 7. Replacing hardware