Installation and user's guide
The Lenovo AC Adapter powers your notebook computer using
a standard ac power cord. It also charges your notebook computer battery.
This package includes:
v One Lenovo AC Adapter
v One standard AC power cord
v Safety information
v User's Guide
The adapter has a cable extending from one end of the adapter that connects to
your notebook computer.
Using the adapter
The power adapter can be connected to a standard AC electrical socket. During
operation, if the power adapter detects a fault, such as a short circuit or high
temperature, the power adapter will shut down automatically to prevent
1. When the adapter shuts down due to a fault it will be latched off until the
fault is removed AND the adapter is disconnected from the power source
for at least 10 seconds.
2. The adapter needs adequate ventilation for proper operation. It is normal
for the adapter to be warm to touch during use.
Connecting the adapter to a standard AC electrical outlet
To use the power adapter with a standard electrical outlet, complete these
1. Plug the smaller end of the AC power cord (see 1 in the illustration
2. Insert the large end of the cord into the standard electrical outlet, (see 2 in
the illustration below.)
3. Insert the smaller, yellow-tipped connector into the power connector of
your notebook computer (see 3 in the illustration below). Make sure the
notebook computer is charging by checking the power icon on the system
tray on the computer display. The icon displays as a plug if the computer is
charging or as a battery if it is not.