Installing the monitor driver in Windows XP
To use the Plug and Play feature in Windows XP, files should be loaded from the
Reference and Driver CD.
Note: This section must be completed before continuing with the Windows XP
automatic image setup.
Turn off the computer and all attached devices.
Ensure that the monitor is connected correctly.
Turn on the monitor and then the system unit. Allow the system to boot into
Open the Display Properties window by clicking Start
then double-clicking the Display icon.
Click the Settings tab.
Click the Advanced button.
Click the Monitor tab.
Click the Properties button.
Click the Drivers tab.
10. Open the Hardware Update Wizard window by clicking on Update Driver.
11. Select Install from a list or Specific location(Advanced), and then click Next.
12. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" option, and then click
13. Click the Have Disk button. Click the Browse button and navigate to the
(where X is the drive letter designator for the CD-ROM drive).
14. Select the "
and click Next. The files will be copied from the CD to
your hard disk drive.
16. Close all open windows and remove the CD.
17. Restart the system. The system will automatically select the maximum refresh
rate and corresponding Color Matching Profiles.
Note: On LCD monitors, unlike CRTs, a faster refresh rate does not improve display
quality. Lenovo recommends using either 1366 x 768 at a refresh rate of 60 Hz, or 640
x 480 at a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
" file and click the Open button. Click the OK button.
Control Panel, and