Installing the monitor driver in Windows Vista
To use the Plug and Play feature Microsoft Windows Vista, do the following:
Note: You must download file from the Lenovo Monitor CD to use the Plug and Play
feature in Windows Vista.
Turn off the computer and all attached devices.
Ensure that the monitor is connected correctly.
Turn on the monitor and then the system unit. Allow your computer to start the
Windows Vista operating system.
Open the Display Properties window by clicking Start, Control Panel and then
double-clicking the Hardware and Sound icon.
Click the Personalization icon.
Click the Display Settings icon.
Click the Advanced Settings button.
Click the Monitor tab.
Click the Properties button.
10. Click the Driver tab.
11. Open the "Update Driver Software-Generic PnP Monitor" window by clicking
on Update Driver and then click the "Browse my computer for driver software"
12. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
13. Click the Have Disk button. Click the Browse button and navigate to the
(where X is the drive letter designator for the CD-ROM drive).
14. Select the "
and click Next. The files will be copied from the CD to
your hard disk drive.
16. Close all open windows and remove the CD.
17. Restart the system. The system will automatically select the maximum refresh
rate and corresponding Color Matching Profiles.
Note: On LCD monitors, unlike CRTs, a faster refresh rate does not improve display
quality. Lenovo recommends using either 1366 x 768 at a refresh rate of 60 Hz, or 640
x 480 at a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
" file and click the Open button. Click the OK button.