WARNING: To avoid electric shock, do not operate the meter until the
battery cover is in place and fastened securely.
WARNING: Risk of Electrocution. High-voltage circuits, both AC and
DC, are very dangerous and should be measured with great care.
AC VOLTAGE DETECTION
WARNING: Risk of Electrocution. Before using to check for voltage in
an outlet, always test the Voltage Detector on a known live circuit to
verify that the Voltage Detector is working properly.
WARNING: Risk of Electrocution. Keep hands and fingers on the body
of the probe and away from the probe tip
To check for the presence of AC electrical voltage in an outlet:
1. Touch the probe tip to a cord plugged into the outlet, or insert the probe
tip into all the outlet holes.
2. If AC electrical voltage is present, the detector light will flash and the
audible warning will sound.
NOTE: Random beeps and flashes due to detection of static charges are
normal. Detection of "live" conductors will produce a steady flash