DC CURRENT MEASUREMENTS
CAUTION: Do not make current measurements on the 10A scale for
longer than 30 seconds. Exceeding 30 seconds may cause damage to
the meter and/or the test leads.
1. Insert the black test lead banana plug into the negative
2. For current measurements up to 200mA DC, set the
function switch to the highest DC mA position and
insert the red test lead banana plug into the (mA) jack.
3. For current measurements up to 10A DC, set the
function switch to the 10A range and insert the red test
lead banana plug into the (10A) jack.
4. Remove power from the circuit under test, then open
up the circuit at the point where you wish to measure
5. Touch the black test probe tip to the negative side of the circuit.
Touch the red test probe tip to the positive side of the circuit.
6. Apply power to the circuit.
7. Read the current in the display. For mA DC measurements, reset the
function switch to successively lower mA DC positions to obtain a
higher resolution reading. The display will indicate the proper decimal
point and value.