When you attempt to transcribe a data file from the unit, be sure to enroll by
using the unit. If you enroll data by using the headset supplied with ViaVoice,
an extremely low recognition rate results.
IBM ViaVoice Release 8 or 9 must be used.
IBM and ViaVoice are registered trademarks of International Business Ma-
Creating a data file for transcription
1. Slide the POWER switch to the ON position.
2. Slide the REC MODE switch to the DICT position.
3. Select the REC TIME "HQ" or "SP" recording time mode.
(See "Selecting the menu" and "Various menu modes" in "SELECTING
FOLDER AND MENU" on pages 9 ~ 12.)
4. Slide the operation switch to the DICT (Recording) position, then start
dictating (when dictating, pay attention to "Notes on enrolling").
Transcribing a data file
Only data files recorded under the "DICT" position and the REC TIME "HQ"
or "SP" recording time mode can be used for transcription.
1. Connect the unit to the PC using the USB cable.
2. Operate the PC and select a file to be transcribed. (Follow the instruc-
tions on the CD-ROM.)
3. Click [
]. "ViaVoice" starts automatically and the selected file will be