Disconnect the audio system from the power
source before performing any maintenance.
Clean the exterior of the system using a soft dust
CAUTION! This system operates with a laser. It
must be opened by only a qualified technician.
• Do not touch the signal surfaces. Hold CDs by
the edges, or by one edge and the hole.
• Do not affix labels or adhesive tapes to the
• Do not scratch or damage the label.
CDs rotate at high speeds inside the player.
• Do not use damaged (cracked or warped) CDs
• Dirty CDs can cause poor sound quality. Always
keep CDs clean by wiping them gently with a
soft cloth from the inner edge toward the
• If a CD becomes dirty, wet a soft cloth in water,
wring it out well, wipe the dirt away gently,
and then remove any water drops with a dry
• Do not use record cleaning sprays or antistatic
agents on CDs. Also, never clean CDs with
benzene, thinner, or other volatile solvents
which may cause damage to disc surface
CD Lens Care
When your CD lens gets dirty it can also cause the
system to output poor sound quality. To clean the
lens you will need to purchase a CD lens cleaner
which can maintain the output sound quality of
your system. For instructions on cleaning the CD
lens, refer to the ones accompanying the lens
Power supply: 120V~60Hz
Dimensions ( H x W x D mm):
Unit size - 214 x 152 x 229
Speaker - 243 x 150 x 195
CD player: Response curve (+/- 2dB): 60Hz to 5kHz
Rating Plate: Look for it at the back of the set.
Maximum size of Mass Storage Class device
Limited Warranty (U.S.)
What your warranty covers:
• Defects in materials or workmanship.
For how long after your purchase:
• One year from date of purchase for labor and parts
• Warranty period for rental units begins with the first rental or 45 days from date of shipment to the
rental firm, whichever comes first.
What we will do:
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center the labor charges to repair your unit.
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center for the new or, at our option, refurbished
replacement parts required to repair your unit.
How you get service:
• Take your unit to any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center. To identify your nearest Authorized
RCA Audio Service Center, ask your dealer, look in the Yellow Pages, or call 1-800-336-1900.
• Show the Authorized Service Center Representative your evidence of purchase date or first rental.
• Pick up your unit when repairs are completed.
• Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice which is evidence that the product
is within the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service. For rental firms, proof
of first rental is also required.
What your warranty does not cover:
• Customer instruction. (Your Owner's Manual describes how to install, adjust, and operate your unit.
Any additional information should be obtained from your dealer.)
• Installation and related adjustments.
• Signal reception problems not caused by your unit.
• Damage from misuse or neglect.
• Cleaning of audio heads.
• A unit that has been modified or incorporated into other products or is used for institutional or
other commercial purposes.
• A unit purchased or serviced outside the U.S.A.
• Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage.
• Please complete and mail the Product Registration Card packed with your product. It will make it
easier to contact you should it ever be necessary. The return of the card is not required for warranty