• Never open the cabinet under any circumstances. Any
repairs or internal adjustments should be made only by a
• Never operate this product with the cabinet removed.
• Do not touch the player with wet hands. If any liquid
enters the player cabinet, take the player to a trained
technician for inspection.
• This compact disc player uses a laser to read the music
on the disc. The laser mechanism corresponds to the car-
tridge and stylus of a record player. Although this prod-
uct incorporates a laser pick-up lens, it is completely safe
when operated according to directions.
• Discs rotate at high speed inside the player. Do not use
damaged, warped, or cracked discs.
Prevent damage to this product, set switch for proper
• Do not touch the pick-up lens which is located inside
the disc compartment. Also, to keep dust from collecting
on the pick-up lens and do not leave the compartment
door open for an extended period of time. If the lens
becomes dirty, clean it with a soft brush, or use an air
blower brush designed for camera lenses.
Important Batteries Information
• Remove the batteries to avoid leakage if you do not
use your remote control for more than one month.
Discard leaky batteries immediately as leaking batteries
may cause skin burns or other personal injuries. Dispose
of batteries in the proper manner, according to provin-
cial and local regulations. Any battery may leak elec-
trolyte if mixed with a different battery type, if inserted
incorrectly, if all batteries are not replaced at the same
time, if disposed of in fire, or if an attempt is made to
charge a battery not intended to be recharged.
• Do not play your headset at a high volume. Hearing
experts are against continuous extended play.
• If you experience a ringing in your ears, reduce volume
or discontinue use it.
• You should use be extreme caution or temporarily dis-
continue use it in potentially hazardous situations.
Even if you headset is an open-air type designed to let
you hear outside sounds, don't turn up the volume so
high that you are unable to hear what is around you.
• Do not touch the signal surfaces. Hold CDs by the
edges, or by one edge and the hole. Do not affix labels or
adhesive tapes to the label surfaces. Do not scratch or
damage the label. CDs rotate at high speeds inside the
player. Do not use damaged (cracked or warped) CDs
• Dirty CDs can cause poor sound quality. Always keep
CDs clean by wiping them gently with a soft cloth from
the inner edge toward the outer perimeter.
• If a CD becomes dirty, wet a soft cloth in water, wring it
out well, wipe the dirt away gently, and then remove any
water drops with a dry cloth.
• Do not use record cleaning sprays or antistatic agents
on CDs. Also, never clean CDs with benzene, thinner, or
other volatile solvents which may cause damage to disc
This product should only be used for the purposes for
which it is sold, that is, entertainment, violating no copy-
right law. Any attempts to use this product for which it is
not intended is unlawful and therefore not condoned by
Thomson Consumer Electronics.
Power supply: 230V~50Hz for Thomson models,
120V~60Hz for RCA models.
Dimensions ( H x W x D mm):
Unit size - 329 x 307 x 360 (For all)
Speaker ( for RS2520/ RS3520/ A3000/ A3005 )
- 329 x 250 x 232.5
Speaker ( for RS2521/ A3200/ A3205 )
- 329 x 250 x 252.5
Speaker ( for RS2550/ VTCD550 )
- 361/329 x 240 x 258
Speaker ( for RS2522/ RS3522/ A3400 )
- 361 x 250 x 265
Tape deck: Response curve: 125Hz-8kHz (-5dB)
CD player: Response curve (+/- 2dB): 20Hz to 20 kHz
Rating Plate: Look for it at the back of the set.