Programming your keyboard
Programming the keyboard to control
This keyboard is already programmed to control most RCA, GE and
Proscan TVs, VCRs and cable boxes. The keyboard needs to be
programmed to control other manufacturers' brands.
Testing the keyboard
To determine whether the keyboard needs to be programmed, turn
on the component you want to control (on the component itself) and
point the keyboard at it. Then, press the key corresponding to that
component. Then press ON•OFF or CH + or CH – (channel up/down) to
see if the component responds to the keyboard commands. If not, the
keyboard needs to be programmed.
NOTE: This keyboard may not operate all models of the brands
that are shown. Use the codes on the following pages to control
Using Direct Entry
1. Turn on the component you want to control.
2. Look up the brand and code number(s) for the component on
the code list on the following pages.
3. On the keyboard, press and hold the key corresponding to the
component you want to control.
To control your TV:
To control your VCR:
To control an auxiliary component (such
as a second VCR, CABLE BOX, etc.):
4. Enter the code from the code list.
5. Release the key, and then press ON•OFF to see if the component
responds to the keyboard commands. If it doesn't, try pressing
the component key and then ON•OFF again.
6. If you get no response, repeat these steps using the next code
listed for your brand, until the component responds to the