Limited Warranty (U.S.)
Limitation of Warranty:
• THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. ALL
OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. NO
VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY THOMSON INC., ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES
SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
• REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
OF THE CONSUMER. THOMSON INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF
ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER
OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF
INDIANA. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY
OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED
TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE.
How State Law relates to warranty:
• Some states do not allow the exclusion nor limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or
limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not
apply to you.
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state
If you purchased your unit outside the United States:
• This warranty does not apply. Contact your dealer for warranty information.
Service calls which do not involve defective materials or workmanship are not covered by
this warranty. Costs of such service calls are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Limited Warranty (Canada)
What your warranty covers:
• Defects in materials or workmanship.
For how long after your purchase:
• One year from date of purchase for labor and parts
• The warranty period for rental units begins with the first rental or 45 days from date of shipment to
the rental firm, whichever comes first.
What we will do:
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center the labor charges to repair your unit.
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center for the new or, at our option, refurbished
replacement parts required to repair your unit.
How you get service:
• Take your unit to any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center. To identify your nearest Authorized
RCA Audio Service Center, ask your dealer, look in the Yellow Pages, or call 1-800-336-1900.
• Show the Authorized Service Center Representative your evidence of purchase date or first rental.
• Pick up your unit when repairs are completed.
• Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice which is evidence that the product
is within the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service. For rental firms, proof
of first rental is also required.
What your warranty does not cover:
• Customer instruction. (Your Owner's Manual describes how to install, adjust, and operate your unit.
Any additional information should be obtained from your dealer.)
• Installation and related adjustments.
• Signal reception problems not caused by your unit.
• Damage from misuse or neglect.
• Cleaning of audio heads.
• A unit that has been modified or incorporated into other products or is used for institutional or
other commercial purposes.
• A unit purchased or serviced outside Canada.
• Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage.
• Please complete and mail the Product Registration Card packed with your product. It will make it
easier to contact you should it ever be necessary. The return of the card is not required for warranty