• Be sure to remove the disc before
changing a disc tray.
• If the tray is not aligned with the right
and left grooves, it cannot be pushed to
the end. Do not bend or force the tray.
• Always load 12 trays in a magazine to
prevent loss or warping of trays.
• If you load a disc with the label general-
ly printed in black facing down, not only
will the player not be able to recognize
whether the disc is set or not, but also,
the display unit will not display an error
message to let you know about it. So
make sure all the discs in each maga-
zine have their label sides facing up.
Notes on 8-cm (3-inch) CDs
Do not use an 8-cm CD adapter. If it is
used, the player may fail. To load an
8-cm CD, you need a special 8-cm CD
tray (Part No. CXB5931). Ask your
Pioneer service station about it.
Precautions when handling
• Do not put the magazine in a place
where it will be exposed to high
temperatures or direct sunlight.
• Do not disassemble the magazine.
• Take care not to drop the magazine or
knock it against anything.
• Do not use cracked or warped trays.
• Never insert anything other than discs.
Do not attach a label or tape to a disc.
• The use of benzine, thinner, insecticide,
or other volatile chemicals may damage
the magazine surface.
If you need more magazines, please ask
your nearest dealer for magazine
JD-1212S (for CDX-FM1287) or JD-612V
Attaching the label
Attach the supplied label in the speci-
fied position. Attaching the label in an
incorrect place or attaching more than
one label will cause malfunction.
The figure shows this product with CDX-
FM1287 as an example.