Pressing the Clear Button
• With this unit, use discs and magazines
bearing the above marks.
After connecting everything up, press the
clear button with the tip of a pencil. If the
power will not switch on, or if the CD
player does not operate, when the button
on the control unit is pressed, or if the
control unit display is incorrect, press this
button with the tip of a pencil to restore
normal operation. (This button is located
inside the door.)
• This product is designed for use with
conventional,fully circular CDs only. Use
of shaped CDs are not recommended
for this product.
• Check all CDs before playing, and dis-
card cracked, scratched or warped discs.
• Normal playback of CD-R discs other
than those recorded with a music CD
recorder may not be possible.
• Playback of music CD-R discs, even
those recorded with a music CD
recorder, may not be possible with this
product due to disc characteristics or
scratches or dirt on the disc. Dirt or con-
densation on the lens inside this product
may also prevent playback.
• Titles and other text information record-
ed on a CD-R disc may not be displayed
by this product.
• If the clear button is pressed when the
player contains a magazine or the igni-
tion switch is set to the ON or ACC posi-
tion, the CD title display and ITS memo-
ry are cleared.
• Read the precautions with the CD-R
discs before using.
• Avoid touching the recorded (iridescent)
surface when handling discs.
• Do not affix labels or apply chemicals to
• Wipe dirty or damp discs outward from
the center with a soft cloth.
• Keep discs out of direct sunlight and