Connecting to RF Modulator (Not Supplied)
If your TV has antenna in jack only, it is still possible to
connect this unit to your TV by using an RF modulator. In
this case, follow the instructions below.
1) Disconnect the power cords of the devices from the
2) Make the connection as illustrated below.
3) Set your RF modulator's channel 3/4 switch to
either 3 or 4, whichever the TV channel is least used in
your area. If your RF modulator has a
modulator / antenna switch, set it according to the
manual supplied with the RF modulator.
4) Plug in the power cords of the devices to the AC outlet.
5) Turn on your TV and choose the same channel as
you set the RF modulator's channel 3/4 switch to.
For more details, follow the manual supplied with the
Connection to an Audio System
• When you change the connections, all devices should be turned off.
• Refer to the manual accompanying external devices for more information.
2 Channel Analog Audio Connection
Connecting to a Dolby Digital decoder
for Dolby Digital audio output.
Connecting to the other device
(an MD deck or DAT deck etc.)
without Dolby Digital decoder.
* To complete these settings, refer to pages 22.
Setup > Audio>
rear of this unit
VHF / UHF
• RF modulator is not supplied with this unit. You need to
purchase it at your local store.
• The quality of picture may become poor if this unit is
connected to an RF modulator.
Digital Audio Connection
digital audio coaxial input
digital audio coaxial cable
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (COAXIAL)
• The audio source on a disc in a Dolby Digital multi-channel
surround format cannot be recorded as digital sound by an
MD or DAT deck.
• By hooking this unit up to a Dolby Digital decoder, you can
enjoy high-quality Dolby Digital multi-channel surround
sound as heard in the movie theaters.
• Playing back a DVD using incorrect settings may generate
noise distortion and may also damage the speakers.
• "Digital Out" setting is not available while HDMI audio is
rear of your RF
RF coaxial cable
Set channel 3 or 4
DIGITAL AUDIO INPUT
rear of TV