Some BD-video or DVD-video feature a ratings lock level.
Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the levels you set, it
will require you to enter a password before the disc will
playback. This feature prevents your children from viewing
1) With "Ratings Lock" selected in the "Advanced
Setup" menu, press [OK].
2) If a PIN code has not been set, proceed to step 2-a).
If a PIN code has already been set, proceed to step
If you want to change the PIN code, proceed to
If you forget the PIN code, proceed to step 2-d).
2-a) Enter 4 digit PIN code using
Enter new PIN.
• "4737" cannot be used.
• Press [RED] to return to the previous screen.
2-b) Enter 4 digit PIN code using
Enter your PIN.
2-c) Follow step 2-b). Select "New PIN", then press
[OK]. Enter the new PIN code.
2-d) Enter "4737". Current PIN code and the "Ratings
Lock" settings are now cleared. Follow step 1) and
step 2-a) to create a new PIN code.
3) After entering the PIN code, "Rating Level" appears.
(If not, use [K / L] to select "Rating Level".)
Select desired rating level then press [OK].
1 [Kid Safe]
To cancel ratings lock temporarily
Some discs allow you to cancel the ratings lock
temporarily. With those discs, the message below will
appear when you try to play them back.
"Please enter your PIN to unblock content."
Follow the instruction which appears on the TV screen to
cancel the ratings lock. After entering the PIN code,
"Rating Level" appears.
Select desired rating level, then press [OK].
• Ratings Lock Control is inactive; all
discs can playback.
• DVD software of any grades (adult /
general / children) can be played
• [NC-17] No one under 17 admitted.
• [R] Restricted; under 17 requires
accompanying parent or adult
• [PGR] Parental Guidance
• [PG13] Unsuitable for children
• [PG] Parental Guidance suggested.
• [G] General Audience.
• Suitable for children.