1. Damage requiring service
The unit should be serviced by qualified service personnel if:
(a) The AC power supply cord or AC adaptor has been damaged; or
(b) Objects or liquids have gotten into the unit; or
(c) The unit has been exposed to rain; or
(d) The unit does not operate normally or exhibits a marked change in
(e) The unit has been dropped or the cabinet damaged.
Do not attempt to service the unit beyond that described in these oper-
ating instructions. Refer all other servicing to authorized servicing per-
3. Replacement parts
When parts need replacing ensure the servicer uses parts specified by
the manufacturer or parts that have the same characteristics as the
Unauthorized substitutes may result in fire, electric shock, or other haz-
4. Safety check
After repairs or service, ask the servicer to perform safety checks to
confirm that the unit is in proper working condition.
For product information or assistance with product operation:
In the U.S.A., contact the Panasonic Customer Call Center at 1-800-211-
7262, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or web site
In Canada, contact Panasonic Canada Inc. Customer Care Centre at
905-624-5505, web site (www.panasonic.ca), or an authorized
Servicentre closest to you.
No. of channels:
Approximate play times:
Maximum dimensions (WxHxD):
Cabinet dimensions (WxHxD):
• Specifications are subject to change without notice.
• The play time shown depends on operating conditions.
• Mass and dimensions are approximate.
This product may receive radio interference caused by mobile tele-
phones during use. If such interference is apparent, please increase
separation between the product and the mobile telephone.
32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
AAC, MP3 and WMA
Stereo, 2 channels
20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
(+0 dB, -6 dB)
3.5 mW + 3.5 mW
(16 Ω, M3 jack)
DC 1.5 V
(one LR03, AAA, AM-4 battery)
(Panasonic alkaline battery)
48.8 x 71.3 x 22.6 mm
" x 2
47.2 x 68.5 x 22.1 mm
" x 2
52.8 g with battery
41.4 g without battery
Copyright protection limitations
• Panasonic Media Manager includes copyright limitations decided upon
by the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI).
* You may be unable to use music data with this software if the data is
copyright-protected or if you have recorded from a DVD-Audio play-
* Where the owner of the copyright or music data providers have set
conditions with regard to the use of the data, you are obliged to
abide by those conditions.
• Your attention is drawn to the fact that recording pre-recorded SD
Memory Card may infringe copyright laws.
• Upgrading RealOne for Panasonic
RealOne for Panasonic follows the guidelines set by the SDMI. Future
changes to these guidelines may render some functions of RealOne for
Panasonic inoperable. Upgraded versions of RealOne for Panasonic
will be offered in such circumstances. A charge may be applied to these
Limitations in Windows Explorer
• SD Memory Cards are shown as external drives (for example, "D") in
Windows Explorer when they are connected to the computer.
Do not use Explorer to move SD Memory Card music data or folders,
change their names, or delete them. This can render the music data
unplayable. Use only RealOne for Panasonic for editing.
• Similarly, do not use Explorer to move, change the names of, or delete
music data and folders you have saved to your computer.
• SD logo is a trademark.
• RealOne and RealNetworks are trademarks or
registered trademarks of RealNetworks, Inc.
• Microsoft and its logo as well as Windows and
Windows NT are registered trademarks of
Microsoft Corporation of the U.S. in both the
United States and other countries.
• Windows Media, and the Windows Logo are
trademarks, or registered trademarks of
Microsoft Corporation in the United States
and/or other countries.
• WMA is a compression format developed by Microsoft Corporation. It
achieves the same sound quality as MP3 with a file size that is smaller
than that of MP3.
• Portions of this product are protected under copyright law and are pro-
vided under license by ARIS / SOLANA /4C.
• Pentium and MMX are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation of the
• IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business
Machines Corporation of the U.S.
• Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. of the U.S.
in both the United States and other countries.
• Other names of systems and products mentioned in these instructions
are usually the registered trademarks or trademarks of the manufactur-
ers who developed the system or product concerned.
The ™ and ® marks are not used to identify registered trademarks and
trademarks in these instructions.
• Licensed AAC Patents(U.S. patent numbers);
5 297 236
5 400 433
5 752 225