1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
3 cups Gold Medal® Better for Bread™ flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons regular active dry yeast
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or
quick-acting active dry yeast
1. Place all Dough ingredients in bread pan in the order listed. Press SELECT until the number "9" is displayed
indicating the dough cycle. Press START.
2. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 400°. Grease 2 cookie sheets. Divide dough in half.
Pat each half into 12-inch circle on cookie sheet with floured fingers. Spread with favorite toppings.
3. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is light brown. 2 pizza crusts.
Herb-Cheese Pizza Crust: Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
basil, oregano, thyme or Italian seasoning with the flour.
Whole Wheat Pizza Crust: Decrease bread flour to 1 1/2 cups and add 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour with the
bread flour. Select WHOLE WHEAT DOUGH cycle.
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 medium onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Cook onions and garlic in margarine 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are brown
and caramelized; remove from heat.
Olive Focaccia: Prepare as directed–except omit Onion-Cheese Topping. Before baking, brush dough with 1
tablespoon olive or vegetable oil. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup chopped kalamata or ripe olives and 1/2 teaspoon dried