Maintenance and Transportation
If you press the
cleaning button when no
ink out light is flashing or
on, the printer cleans the
print heads as described on
page 5-2. If you need to
replace an ink cartridge
before the lights flash
(because the ink is too old,
for example) follow the
instructions on page 5-7.
ink cartridges within six months of installing
them and before the expiration date on the package:
Black ink cartridge: S020093
Color ink cartridge: S020110
When you need new ink cartridges, contact your dealer or call
Accessories at (800) 873-7766 (U.S. only). In Canada,
please call (800) 873-7766 for dealer referral.
Removing an Empty Ink Cartridge
You can replace a cartridge when the B black or A color ink
out light is either flashing or on. Follow these steps:
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and not printing.
2. Determine which cartridge needs to be replaced.
3. Lower the output tray and raise the printer cover.
4. Press the R cleaning button and hold it for three seconds.
The print heads move slightly left and the P power light
begins flashing. (The print heads return to their home
position if you don't proceed to step 5 within 60 seconds.)
5. Pull up the ink cartridge clamp. The cartridge rises up from
its holder. (Although the illustration shows the color ink
cartridge, the procedure is the same for replacing the black