SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS Work Area 1. Keep your work area clean and well lit. Cluttered benches and dark areas invite acci- dents. 2. Do not operate power tools in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids, gases, or dust. Power tools create sparks which may ignite the dust or fumes.
18. Maintain tools with care. Keep cutting tools sharp and clean. Properly maintained tools with sharp cutting edge are less likely to bind and are easier to control. 19. Check for misalignment or binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, and any other condition that may affect the tool’s operation.
(1) battery charger, (2) battery, and (3) product using battery. 3. CAUTION - To reduce risk of injury, charge only MAKITA rechargeable marked on the charger label. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.
b. That extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition; and Table 1: RECOMMENDED MINIMUM AWG SIZE FOR EXTENSION CORDS FOR BATTERY CHARGERS Length of Cord (Feet) AWG Size of Cord 9. Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug - replace them immediately.
8. Do not charge inside a box or container of any kind. The battery must be placed in a well ventilated area during charging. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS SYMBOLS The following show the symbols used for the charger. Be sure that you understand their meaning before use.
FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION 002306 1. Red part 2. Button 3. Battery cartridge 001336 1. Terminal cover 2. Battery cartridge 3. Charging light 4. Battery charger CAUTION: • Always be sure that the tool is switched off and the battery cartridge is removed before adjusting or checking function on the tool.
6. After charging, unplug the charger from the power source. NOTE: • The battery charger is for charging Makita battery cartridge. Never use it for other purposes or for other manufacturer’s batteries. • When you charge a new battery cartridge or a battery cartridge which has not been used for a long period of time, it may not accept a full charge.
• The cooling system is in order although no sound of cooling fan comes out, if the yellow warning light will not flash. • Always keep clean the vent on charger and battery for cooling. • The products should be sent to repair or maintenance, if the yellow warning light will frequently flash.
This tool is equipped with an electric brake. If the tool consis- tently fails to quickly stop after switch trigger release, have tool serviced at a Makita service center. Reversing switch action This tool has a reversing switch to change the direction of rotation.
002330 1. Speed change lever ASSEMBLY 002343 1. Socket 2. Anvil 3. Hole 4. Detent pin OPERATION Speed change To change the speed, first switch off the tool and then slide the speed change lever to the “A” side (2) for high speed or “B”...
accidentally fall out of the tool, causing injury to you or someone around you. The proper fastening torque may differ depending upon the kind or size of the bolt, the material of the workpiece to be fastened, etc. The relation between fastening torque and fas- tening time is shown in the figures.
4. The use of the universal joint or the extension bar some- what reduces the fastening force of the impact wrench. Compensate by fastening for a longer period of time. 5. The manner of holding the tool or the material of driving position to be fastened will affect the torque.
1 minute. Then check the tool while running and elec- tric brake operation when releasing the switch trigger. If elec- tric brake is not working well, ask your local Makita service center for repair. To maintain product SAFETY and RELIABILITY, repairs, any...
First-Class Postage Required Post Office will not deliver without proper postage. Makita U.S.A., Inc. 14930 Northam Street La Mirada, CA 90638-5753 Fold...
Paste 3. How did you learn about this product: Magazine From Dealer Newspaper Store Display Catalog 4. Most favored points are: Design Features Size Price Makita Brand MODEL NO. YEAR SERIAL NO. PHONE 20-29 30-39 40-49 Paste Paste Radio Exhibition...
Date Purchased When you need service: Send complete tool (prepaid) to one Dealer’s Name & Address of the Makita Factory Service Centers listed, or to an Authorized Makita Service Center. Be sure to attach a letter to the outside of Model No.
MAKITA LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY Warranty Policy Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. It is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase.