(independent) and 2 (dependent) are selected by default. The y-axis is autoscaled and the plot
type is set to SCATTER.
When SCATRPLOT is executed from a program, the resulting display does not persist unless
PICTURE or PVIEW is subsequently executed.
BARPLOT, PICTURE, HISTPLOT, PVIEW, SCL , XCOL, YCOL
Description: Scatter Plot Type Command: Sets the plot type to SCATTER.
When the plot type is SCATTER, the DRAW command plots points by obtaining x and y
coordinates from two columns of the current statistics matrix (reserved variable DAT). The
columns are specified by the first and second parameters in the reserved variable PAR (using
the XCOL and YCOL commands). The plotting parameters are specified in the reserved variable
PPAR, which has this form:
For plot type SCATTER, the elements of PPAR are used as follows:
of the display range). The default value is (–6.5,–3.1) for the hp48gII and (–6.5,–3.9) for the
corner of the display range). The default value is (6.5,3.2) for the hp48gII and (6.5,4.0) for the
• indep is a name specifying the independent variable. The default value of indep is X.
• res is not used.
• axes is a list containing one or more of the following, in the order listed: a complex number
specifying the user-unit coordinates of the plot origin, a list specifying the tick-mark
annotation, and two strings specifying labels for the horizontal and vertical axes. The default
value is (0,0).
• ptype is a command name specifying the plot type. Executing the command SCATTER places
the name SCATTER in ptype.
• depend is a name specifying the dependent variable. The default value is Y.
BAR, CONIC, DIFFEQ, FUNCTION, GRIDMAP, HISTOGRAM, PARAMETRIC,
PARSURFACE, PCONTOUR, POLAR, SLOPEFIELD, TRUTH, WIREFRAME, YSLICE
Description: Schur Decomposition of a Square Matrix Command: Returns the Schur decomposition of a
square matrix. SCHUR decomposes A into two matrices Q and T:
• If A is a complex matrix, Q is a unitary matrix, and T is an upper-triangular matrix.
• If A is a real matrix, Q is an orthogonal matrix, and T is an upper quasi-triangular matrix (T is
upper block triangular with 1 × 1 or 2 × 2 diagonal blocks where the 2 × 2 blocks have
complex conjugate eigenvalues).
In either case, A Q × T × TRN(Q)
) is a complex number specifying the lower left corner of PICT (the lower left corner
) is a complex number specifying the upper right corner of PICT (the upper right
MATRIX FACTORS SCHUR
), indep, res, axes, ptype, depend }
( Ø is the left-shift of the 5key).
( ´ is the left-shift of the Pkey).
Full Command and Function Reference 3-159