Troubleshooting usually falls into one of the following categories. In this chapter you will
find the most common printing problems. Refer to the User's Guide for additional
information on topics not covered in this section.
• "C C annot Install the Printer Driver" on page 56
• "P P rint Quality is Poor or Contains Errors" on page 57
• "T T roubleshooting Printer Hardware" on page 58
• "P P aper Does Not Feed Properly" on page 59
• "H H andling Error Messages" on page 60
• "A A n Error Message Appears on the Screen" on page 61
• "C C annot Print Properly through Infrared Communication" on page 63
• "C C annot Print Properly from the Digital Camera" on page 64
When an Error Occurs
The BJ Status Monitor opens and displays a message. Take the appropriate action described
in the message.
The message may vary depending on your operating system.
In Windows Me or Windows 98, click the G G uide tab and follow the on-screen instructions.