3.1 Insert the batteries
The Voice Tracer can be operated with the rechargeable Philips batteries
LFH9154 or AAA alkaline batteries.
Slide open the battery cover.
Place the batteries in the correct polarity as indicated and close the
Table of contents
• Do not mix batteries of different types and/or brands.
• Remove the batteries if you will not be using the Voice Tracer for an
extended period. Leaking batteries may damage the Voice Tracer.
• If the Voice Tracer malfunctions, remove the batteries and re-insert
• Stop the recorder before replacing the batteries. Removing the
batteries while the recorder is in use may corrupt the file.
• When the batteries are nearly empty, the battery indicator blinks.
• If it takes longer than 2 minutes to replace the battery, you may have
to reset the time.
3.2 Charge the batteries
The rechargeable Philips batteries LFH9154 can be charaged in the
Voice Tracer. When the Voice Tracer is connected to a computer, the
rechargeable batteries are automatically charged. A complete recharge
cycle takes about 2.5 hours.
• Batteries other than the supplied Philips batteries LFH9154 cannot be
• Fully charge the batteries before first use.
• The computer must be ON when charging the batteries.
• If the USB port of the computer does not supply enough power
capacity, use an external battery charger.