a button while the recorder is stopped to select
the desired folder.
Press the h or b button to select the file to play back (see
chapter 5.1.1, Select a file / locate an index mark on page 13 for details
about selecting a file).
Press the k button.
• The playback time will be shown on the display, and the green LED will
Adjust the volume using the + and – buttons.
To stop playback, press the j
Press the k button again to continue playback from the previous
• The auto-backspace feature automatically replays the last 3 seconds of
the recording each time playback is resumed.
• When headphones are connected to the
speaker will be switched off.
D Notes on using the Voice Tracer as a music player
• The recorder supports music files in .wma and .mp3 formats that
can be transferred from the computer to the music folder of the
recorder. Files with copy protection (digital rights management) are
• The Voice Tracer supports up to two folder levels within the music
folder. Each folder can hold up to 99 entries (files and folders).
• Press the k button to open a selected folder/file. Press the
Table of contents
jack, the recorder
a button to return to the folder one level higher.
• Press the g button during music playback to change the equalizer
mode (Normal > Classic > Jazz > Pop > Normal).
5.1 Playback functions
5.1.1 Select a file / locate an index mark
• Press the b button once while the recorder is stopped to skip to
the end of a file. Press the b button again to skip to the beginning
of the next file.
• Press the h button once while the recorder is stopped to skip to
the beginning of a file. Press the h button again to skip to the end of
the previous file.
• If the file contains index marks, the recorder will skip to the previous
or next index mark when the h or b button is pressed.
5.1.2 Slow, fast, normal playback
Press and hold the k button for 1 second or longer to switch between
normal, slow and fast playback.