Audio L/R input jacks
This connection will use your TV's or audio
component's two speakers for sound.
Digital audio input jack
If your audio component has a Dolby*
, or MPEG audio decoder and
a digital input jack, use this connection. You
can enjoy Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS
(5.1ch), and MPEG audio (5.1ch) surround
If you connect to a Sony audio component
that is compatible with the CONTROL FOR
HDMI function, refer to the operating
instructions supplied with the audio
Manufactured under license from Dolby
Dolby, Pro Logic, and the double-D symbol are
trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent #:
5,451,942 & other U.S. and worldwide patents
issued & pending. DTS and DTS Digital Out are
registered trademarks and the DTS logos and
Symbol are trademarks of DTS, Inc. © 1996-
2008 DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
• After you have completed the connection, make
the appropriate settings in Quick Setup (page 16).
If your audio component has an MPEG audio
decoder function, set "MPEG" to "MPEG" in
"AUDIO SETUP" (page 39). Otherwise, no
sound or a loud noise will come from your
• The TVS effects of this player cannot be used
with this connection.
• When you connect the player to an audio
component using an HDMI cord, you will need to
do one of the following:
– Connect the audio component to the TV with the
– Connect the player to the TV with a video cord
other than HDMI cord (component video cord or
• When connecting to the HDMI OUT jack,
carefully align the HDMI connector with the jack.
Do not bend and apply force to the HDMI cord.
Step 3: Connecting the
Plug the player and TV mains lead (power
cord) into a mains.
Step 4: Preparing the
Insert two R6 (size AA) batteries by matching
the 3 and # ends on the batteries to the
markings inside the compartment. When
using the remote, point it at the remote sensor
on the player.
• Do not leave the remote in an extremely hot or
• Do not drop any foreign object into the remote
casing, particularly when replacing the batteries.
• Do not expose the remote sensor to direct light
from the sun or a lighting apparatus. Doing so
may cause a malfunction.
• If you do not use the remote for an extended
period of time, remove the batteries to avoid
possible damage from battery leakage and