• Operate the unit only with a power source as
specified in "Specifications" section.
• The nameplate indicating operating voltage, power
consumption, etc., is located at the rear.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the cabinet,
unplug the unit and have it checked by qualified
personnel before operating it any further.
• Do not drop or place heavy objects on the power
cord. If the power cord is damaged, turn off the
power immediately. It is dangerous to use the unit
with a damaged power cord.
• Unplug the unit from the wall outlet if it is not to be
used for several days or more.
• Disconnect the power cord from the AC outlet by
grasping the plug, not by pulling the cord.
• The socket-outlet shall be installed near the
equipment and shall be easily accessible.
• Allow adequate air circulation to prevent internal heat
Do not place the unit on surfaces (rugs, blankets, etc.)
or near materials (curtains, draperies) that may block
the ventilation holes.
• Do not install the unit in a location near heat sources
such as radiators or air ducts, or in a place subject to
direct sunlight, excessive dust, mechanical vibration
To keep the unit looking brand-new, periodically clean
it with a mild detergent solution. Never use strong
solvents such as thinner or benzine, or abrasive
cleansers since they will damage the cabinet. As a
safety precaution, unplug the unit before cleaning it.
Do not throw away the carton and packing materials.
They make an ideal container which to transport the
unit. When shipping the unit to another location,
repack it as illustrated on the carton.
If you have any questions about this unit, contact your
authorized Sony dealer.
• Do not place the unit near any objects or pieces of
equipment which generate magnetism, such as
magnets, speakers, electric clocks, toys using
magnets, health appliances, etc. Magnetism will
cause picture bounce, oscillations or picture
• Also, the picture may become fuzzy or the colors
may not reproduce correctly due to earth magnetism.
This depends on direction that the unit is installed.
This is not equipment failure. In such a case, simply
degauss the unit.
On the CRT
• Dust accumulates on the CRT easily. Clean the CRT
when necessary with a soft cloth.
The surface of the CRT is easily scratched; therefore,
do not rub or touch the surface of the CRT
unnecessarily since this may result in a scratched
• If you touch the surface of the CRT, you may feel a
weak electrical shock. This is simply static electricity
that is generated on the surface of the CRT. It will not
affect the human body.