• If there is a cartridge already in the Label Printer,
remove it by grasping the cartridge on both sides
with your thumb and forefinger, and lift straight
3. Use a thin, pointed object to lift the yellow cut-
ter cartridge out of the Label Printer as shown
in the illustration.
• The tape cutter blade comes out of the cutter
cartridge if you press on the front of the cartridge.
Be sure to take care to avoid cutting your fingers
on the blade.
4. Install a new cutter cartridge by sliding it along
the groove provided in the Label Printer.
• Contact your CASIO dealer to purchase a re-
placement cutter cartridge.
5. Replace the compartment cover.
Cleaning the Printer Head and Roller
A dirty printer head and roller can result in poor printing quality. If you have
problems with print quality, use the following procedure to clean the printer head
To clean the printer head and roller
1. Make sure the Label Printer is turned off.
2. Press the tape cartridge compartment cover release and open the compart-
3. Remove the tape cartridge.
4. Use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol to clean
5. Replace the tape cartridge and close the compartment cover.
Initial Power On Settings
The following are the initial settings of the Label Printer whenever you turn it
Initializing the Label Printer
If you experience serious malfunction of the Label Printer or if operation fails
completely, try performing the following operation to initialize the printer.
• Initializing the Label Printer deletes all memory contents. Make sure you have
a back-up copy of text stored in memory if you need it.
the printer head and roller as shown in the illus-