Before you start
Before you start
Checking what's in the box
Please check that you've received the following
• AM loop antenna
• FM wire antenna
• AA size IEC R6 dry cell batteries (to confirm
system operation) x 2
• Remote control
• Power cords (make sure you use the
correct cord for your country/region):
Round 2-pin type, flat blade 2-pin type and
UK 3-pin type
• J-shaped plug
• These operating instructions
Loading the batteries
Incorrect use of batteries may result in such
hazards as leakage and bursting. Observe the
• Never use new and old batteries together.
• Insert the plus and minus sides of the
batteries properly according to the marks
in the battery case.
• Batteries with the same shape may have
different voltages. Do not use different
• When disposing of used batteries, please
comply with governmental regulations or
environmental public instruction's rules
that apply in your country/area.
• Do not use or store batteries in direct
sunlight or other excessively hot place,
such as inside a car or near a heater. This
can cause batteries to leak, overheat,
explode or catch fire. It can also reduce the
life or performance of batteries.
Using the remote control
Keep in mind the following when using the
• Make sure that there are no obstacles
between the remote and the remote sensor
on the unit.
• The remote has a range of about 7 m.
• Remote operation may become unreliable
if strong sunlight or fluorescent light is
shining on the unit's remote sensor.
• Remote controllers for different devices
can interfere with each other. Avoid using
remotes for other equipment located close
to this unit.
• Replace the batteries when you notice a
fall off in the operating range of the remote.